Segovia Elopement at Hoces del Rio Duraton
Segovia is one of those places that almost always gets on people’s list of places to go for day trips while visiting Madrid. It is beautiful! But, what most people don’t know about is a natural park located near Segovia city called Hoces del Rio Duraton, which makes for one of our favourite locations to recommend to couples thinking to elope in Spain. If you think that Spain is just beaches and bikinis, then you have yet to explore the real wonders of the heart of Spain— that’s mostly why I want to share with you this Segovia Elopement at Hoces del Rio Duraton.
An Elopement in Segovia, Spain
You might not believe me, but you only need to travel about an hour out of Madrid city to find this absolutely jaw-dropping location in Segovia. If you head north from Madrid into the province of Segovia, you’ll eventually find a natural park called Hoces del Rio Duraton, which I like to call “Spain’s Horseshoe Bend”. If that doesn’t convince you already, then let the photos speak for themselves. We took these beautiful elopement photos at Hoces del Rio Duraton in Segovia.
Hoces del Rio Duraton— Segovia’s Best Elopement Location
As a part of our job as photographers in Madrid, we are always searching for locations for couples to elope at. Ever since we found Hoces del Rio Duraton, we’ve brought couples back here countless times because it’s just so gorgeous. This natural park in Segovia is the perfect spot for your Spain elopement if you’re looking for something secluded in nature and intimate. Not to mention you don’t have to worry about permits or anything in order to freely have an elopement ceremony at Hoces del Rio Duraton.
Preparing for Your Segovia Elopement at Hoces del Rio Duraton:
If you’re planning to elope in Spain, hurray, we’re glad you’re here! Here’s our best tips for preparing and having success with a Segovia elopement at Hoces del rio Duraton:
- Plan for a good time of year and day. To beat the heat and the cold, the best times for photoshoots at Hoces del Rio Duraton in Segovia is either in the spring / early summer or fall (March-July; Sept.-Nov.). The best time for your photoshoot would be an hour and a half before sunset— if you hire us to be your photographers, we will create a timeline for you and hook you up with the best local vendors such as a celebrant and florist.
- Transportation to Hoces del Rio Duraton. This one is a bit tricky. Since it’s a natural park, there aren’t any public transportation options. Even if you get to Segovia, the park is an hour drive from the actual city of Segovia. If yo hire us to be your photographers, we offer a carpool from Madrid included in the photoshoot price.
- Wear comfortable shoes! You won’t regret this one! This location in particular has a small rubbly hike to the viewpoint where the best photos are, so wearing a pair of comfy shoes to get there is something we always suggest.
- Bring props: a bouquet, a blanket, etc. We highly recommend getting a flower bouquet to compliment your dress in the photos! Feel free to bring whatever else you’d like to incorporate in your elopement. Go ahead and bring your pet, some champagne, that guitar, those hand-written vows, a picnic— we want to capture whatever you like doing most together!
- Have fun. Don’t worry about the cameras and the posing. That’s our job as the photographers! All you need to do is enjoy the moment with the one you love the most, and make it a fun date night! I promise you’ll be having a good time 15 minutes into your photoshoot.
An Elopement Ceremony at Hoces del Rio Duraton
This beautiful ceremony was orchestrated by one of our favourite celebrants in Madrid, Stefan. It just so happens to be that he is Jake brother, too! Needless to say, we love working with him because Stefan is absolutely incredible at drawing out the very best in each couple. This symbolic elopement ceremony was full of happy tears, sentimental words, and memories to last their lifetime. Good thing we got it all on video, too (interested in adding video to your elopement? Check out our videos here)!
Top Segovia Wedding Photographers
One name: Jake + Genessa Photography!
So, I hope this has been helpful for you as you plan your Elopement in Spain! We have so many more locations up our sleeve, so if you want to get access to our private Spain Elopement Locations Map, feel free to contact us about it!
Thanks for checking out our Segovia Elopement at Hoces del Rio Duraton! Are you still looking for your Spain elopement photographer? Pick us! We would love to hang out and get to know you better, and you’ll get amazing photos! Contact us here to have your photos by us!
Segovia Elopement Packages
Our Spain elopement packages are about so much more than just photography. We’ll guide you through the whole process of planning your elopement in Spain, helping you to find the most epic locations and put you in contact with the best vendors.
Our Spain Elopement packages range from 500€ to 900€ and include all travel expenses.
Other Planning Resources
Lastly, if you’d like to keep up with our latest adventures and some really awesome resources make sure to check out our Instagram.
Here are some other related blogs: