Surprise Proposal at Marimurta Botanical Gardens
Spain is one of those places that almost always gets on people’s list of places to go to while in Europe. It is beautiful! But, what most people don’t know about Spain is that it is an incredibly diverse country. It has lakes, volcanos, mountains, beaches, you name it! One location in particular that we love in Spain is on the Costa Brava, a place called Marimurtra Botanical Gardens, which makes for one of our favourite locations to recommend to anyone thinking about popping the question in Spain. If you think that Spain is just beaches and bikinis (although it does have that), then you’ve got to do some more searching— that’s mostly why we want to share with you this Surprise Proposal at Marimurta Botanical Gardens.
Best Surprise Proposal Location— at Marimurta Botanical Gardens
There are a lot of beautiful spots to propose at in Spain, but this place is by far our favourite! While you do have a couple logistical obstacles, if you hire good photographers like us who know how to navigate them we can assure you that it is totally worth it! This specific viewpoint below where Indu proposed to Thea is inside the botanical garden.
Getting to Marimurta Botanical Gardens
As a part of our job as photographers in Spain, we’re always searching for the best locations for proposals. Ever since we found the Marimurtra Botanical Gardens, we’ve brought couples back here countless times because it’s just so gorgeous. This garden is the perfect spot for your Barcelona engagement photos if you’re looking for something full of nature paired with some amazing seaside views. You also don’t have to worry about getting to this location if you hire us to be your photographers as we offer to carpool with us as a part of the package price.
After the proposal moment, we took some portraits around the garden and then headed to Sant Joan Castle to pop some champagne in celebration, which is a 5 minute drive from the gardens.
Preparing for Your Surprise Proposal at Marimurta Botanical Gardens:
If you’re planning to propose at Marimurtra Botanical Garden, hurray, we’re glad you’re here! Here’s our best tips for preparing and having success with a surprise proposal at Marimurta Botanical Gardens:
- Plan for a good time of year and day. To beat the heat and the cold, the best times for engagements in Barcelona is either in the spring / early summer or fall (March-July; Sept.-Nov.). The garden’s closing hours vary throughout the year— if you hire us to be your photographers, we will create the perfect timeline so you get the best photos. Note: This location requires a photography fee (which you don’t have to worry about if you hire us).
- Transportation to Marimurtra Botanical Gardens. This one is a bit tricky. The best and most efficient way to get to Marimurtra Botanical Gardens is by car as it’s about 50 mins from Barcelona city. If you hire us to be your photographers, we offer a carpool from a convenient location to Marimurtra Botanical Garden included in the photoshoot price.
- What to wear on your photoshoot. This location can get quite hot for a photoshoot since it’s opening hours are in the peak of the day. Keep that in mind! Also make sure to bring some comfy shoes to walk around in.
- Bring props: a bouquet, a blanket, etc. We highly recommend getting a flower bouquet to compliment your dress in the photos! Feel free to bring whatever else you’d like to incorporate in your proposal. Go ahead and bring your pet, some champagne, that guitar, those hand-written vows, a picnic— we want to capture whatever you like doing most together!
- Have fun. Don’t worry about the cameras and the posing. That’s our job as the photographers! All you need to do is enjoy the moment with the one you love the most, and make it a fun date night! I promise you’ll be having a good time 15 minutes into your photoshoot.
Sunset Photos at San Joan Castle
We finished off our session at Sant Joan Castle, since Marimurtra Botanical Gardens close earlier than the sunset. The sunshine sparkling over the sea in the background of these photos really make us feel the magic of the moment. If you think these locations are the perfect match for what you’re planning, we’d love to hear from you!
Top Barcelona Proposal Photographers
One name: Jake + Genessa Photography! With over 5+ years of creating fun experiences for couples visiting Barcelona we’re your dream team!
So, I hope this has been helpful for you as you plan your Barcelona proposal! We have so many more locations up our sleeve, so if you want to get access to our exclusive Proposal Locations List, feel free to contact us about it!
Thanks for checking out our Surprise Proposal at Marimurta Botanical Gardens! Are you still looking for your Barcelona engagement photographer? Pick us! We would love to hang out and get to know you better, and you’ll get amazing photos! Contact us here to have your photos by us!
Barcelona Engagement Packages
Our Barcelona proposal package is about so much more than just photography. We’ll guide you through the whole process of planning your proposal at Marimurtra Botanical Garden, helping you to find the most epic locations and put you in contact with the best vendors and give you an EXPERIENCE you’ll never forget.
Our Barcelona engagement packages range from 700€ to 1,500€ and include all travel expenses.