Mountain Elopement in Malaga Spain
Malaga is one of the best places to travel in Spain— and for a whole lot of great reasons. The Sagrada Familia, the Gaudi Architecture, walking along the beach and seeing the famous Hotel Vela. It’s one of the most romantic cities in the world, ’cause it’s just so dang unique and stunning. If you’re planning your elopement in Barcelona, it’ll be one of the best choices you’ve ever made. Also, you’re going to want to get it documented. Take a look at this stunning Mountain Elopement in Malaga Spain and make sure you have your wedding planner close by!
Malaga Wedding Photographers
Jake and I want to introduce ourselves before we get started! We are Destination Wedding Photographers, and above all, seriously love what we do. If you’re planning a trip to Malaga, Spain, or anywhere in Europe, want to have an amazing experience AND get amazing photos, then we’re your people. Contact us to get photos like these for your trip!!
Photo credit?? Me and my husband Jake took all the photos in this blog! This is us!
Why Elope in Malaga?
Let’s get started! Malaga is basically heaven. Here are some of my favourite reasons why should should elope in Malaga:
- It has Spain’s best beaches, incredible mountain ranges, and also forests. Whatever vibe you’re going for your elopement, you can find it in Malaga.
- The weather is fantastic. For this particular elopement in Malaga, the mountains won the bet. There are a bunch of places within the province of Malaga that have amazing views like these for eloping and getting married.
- Malaga (and Spain in general) is one of the cheapest places in Europe. Why not go to an amazing location and end up saving in the end?
As a part of our job as photographers in Malaga, Jake and I actually location-scout! We love finding places that fit our couples perfectly. In this case, we searched for a bit until we found a beautiful, secluded hidden gem called Sierra de Huma.
Sierra de Huma— Malaga’s Hidden Gem
In the end, our couple was the one who found this location— a 2-hour hike to the Huma Summit. To sum up, this couple was adventurous and down for anything! They loved hiking, so these photos were really special for them.
When to go to Sierra de Huma and how to get there: For photos, we went for sunset. We started hiking at around 5pm, and got there in time to have a picnic before getting started at 8pm. The hike was about 2 hours with breaks included. Getting there for sunset, though, meant that we needed to be prepared to head down the mountain in the dark.
We brought these LE C500 headlamps to make sure the trek back in the dark was completely lit.
Mountains Elopement Tips
If you’re pretty sure you want to have a mountain elopement, but you don’t know where to start, then you’re in the right place. Here are some tips to get you started on your mountain elopement!
- Pick your location first. This will help everything else fall into place. After you pick your location, finding vendors in the area will be way easier.
- Consider hiring an elopement planner. It might seem weird to hire a planner for a small wedding or elopement, but when you hire a planner, they know ALL of the ins-and-outs of planning elopements. Search for one near the area you want to elope so that they can give you insights.
- Pick vendors that match your elopement vision. There are a ton of vendors out there that are willing to go on a mountain hike with you to get the exact look you want!
If you’re planning on getting married or eloping in Spain, I wrote a whole blog on how! Read it here.
Malaga Elopement Inspiration?
Elopement planning seem like it’s at a halt right now with the craziness of the coronavirus. The reality is, this is the perfect time to be planning the perfect elopement in Malaga! With caps on wedding guests, eloping is what a ton of people are doing instead, and let me tell you, you won’t be disappointed. I hope these photos have given you everything you need to start your planning for your Mountain Elopement in Malaga Spain!